This is an Official U.S. Government Web Site
- This is a World Wide Web site for official information about the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps. It is provided as a public service by the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps. The purpose is to provide information and news about the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps to the general public.
- All information on this site is public domain and may not be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline, photo and image credits is requested.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines."
Areas of this Server link to other Web Information Systems providing security-related information which are operated by other government organizations, commercial firms, educational institutions, and private parties. We have no control over the information on those systems which may be objectionable or which may not otherwise conform to Department of Navy policies. Unless otherwise noted, some of the Sites listed within the pages of this server are provided by organizations outside the Navy Domain. These links are offered as a convenience and for informational purposes only. Their inclusion here does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Department of the Navy of any of the products, services, or opinions of the external providers. The Department of the Navy bears no responsibility for the accuracy or the content of external sites. Please be aware that when you follow a link to another site, you are then subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site.
Some of our web pages provide forms allowing visitors to submit search engine queries, questionnaires, feedback, or other information. Some of these forms may request personally-identifying information (e.g., name, address, phone number, e-mail address) for specific purposes, such as when the submitter is requesting a personal response, registering for a conference, completing one of our on-line NAVCIRT forms, or subscribing to a mailing list.
Generally, we will not share any personally-identifying information you give us with any other government agency, private organization, or the public, except with your consent or as required by law.
E-mail Privacy Advisory
By sending us an electronic mail message (for example, an e-mail message addressed to the webmaster), you may be sending us personally-identifying information. In these cases, we may retain the information as long as necessary to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your e-mail. Please be aware that email is not necessarily secure from interception or misdirection. For your own protection you may wish to communicate sensitive information using a method other than email.
Regardless of the information being transmitted to us, we will protect all such information consistent with applicable law including, but not limited to, the Privacy Act of 1974.